It’s amazing how much work interferes with one’s knitting. My meeting was short, so I only did two rows. Then, after work, I only had a little time before I had to pick up the girlies so I did two more rows. I’m looking forward to tonight, when all of the children are asleep, and I have 30 minutes or so before I fall asleep to knit.
Oh, and I timed myself. It does take me 20 minutes to do two rows (half of a pattern repeat). That’s almost embarrassing. Almost embarrassing because the first time I did this sweater it was taking me 20 minutes to do a single row. My purling proficiency has progressed at a pretty pleasing pace indeed (alliteration compliments of Jojo and Sami, who are sitting here editing my post as I type).
So, since my progress isn’t sufficient enough to warrant a photo (more ‘p’s) I give you this:
10 things that make me smile
(in no particular order)
- Max pinching my cheeks in the morning to wake me up
- No dishes to wash
- The sunflowers along the front fence
- That I now know someone whose name is “Bea”
- That Bea is as nice a person as someone named “Bea” should be
- Waking up, thinking it’s Monday, then realizing it’s Saturday
- A cool bath on a hot afternoon
- Fresh coffee already brewed when I wake up
- Lemon Meringue Pie
- The girlies being home (they say “Hi”… yes, they’re still here, reading over my shoulder, correcting my grammar, spelling and punctuation)