I finally attached the lining to the inside of the wicker trunk we bought to corral my wool and other knitting supplies.
I got the chest from Ikea for about $55.
I used “Industrial Strength Velcro” (that’s actually what it says on the box) to attach the lining to the trunk, but I’m not sure I’m happy with the results. You can see the velcro when you look into the chest from above, and I was hoping for something a little more finished and elegant. For now, however, this will do. The laundry basket from the corner of my bedroom has been returned to the laundry room where it belongs.
I have one more piece to add to my chest, but it’s not quite done. Eventually, there will be a piece of fabric attached to the lid, and it will have pockets for my needles and stuff. For now, I’m considering using one of my green Mason jars to hold them.
Aside from a bit of spinning and a single row of my handspun scarf, this is the only fiber related activity I did on Saturday. Oh, well. I had a nice day anyhow.