Willoughby has officially reached the halfway mark. Last night at Knit Night, I finished the bottom edge of the first half, and this morning I carefully removed the blue yarn that was holding my provisional cast-on and started the second half. Unblocked, including the bottom border, it measures 40″ at this point. Which will result (theoretically) in an 80″ scarf. It will be interesting to see how long it is after it’s blocked. I’m betting close to 8 feet.
Willoughby, half done.
On Friday, whilst Max and I were doing the Tour de Yarn Stores, I picked up some rosewood DPNs by Lantern Moon. I used to love using DPNs, and hated the circulars. Now, I find that I’d rather use circulars than even straight needles. I think it’s because there’s no way I’ll lose one of my needles in the middle of a project.
Anyway, I bought these DPNs because a) they’re really pretty; and b) because I thought maybe the reason I’d moved on to circulars was because I was constantly bending my DPNs. These are far sturdier than the bamboo needles I’d purchased in the past. I made a small something, just to test them out. They were lovely to work with, and didn’t bend at all.
a new sock for Max (I’ll do the other one today), and my new DPNs
Today is overcast and chilly at my house, and Max had the right idea. This
turned into this
and so now I’m going to do some of this
before he turns back into this
Have a good Wednesday!